- Storage of Food Grade Packaging
- General Contract Storage
- Pick and Pack Services
- Logistics Services
- Inventory Control Systems
Global's cross-dock services include load reconfiguring and multi-modal offload/reload capabilities in a time and cost efficient manner. Cross-docking is the practice of unloading materials from an incoming modal unit and loading these materials in outbound modal units, with little or no storage in between. This may be done to change type of conveyance, or to sort material intended for different destinations, or to combine material from different origins.
Global offers cross-docking solutions to our clients, with minimal or no warehousing. Inbound materials are sorted, consolidated, and stored until the outbound shipment is complete and ready to ship. Cross-docking is used to decrease inventory storage, streamlining the flow of goods between you and your customers.
There are many benefits to utilizing Global Distribution cross-docking services. Our efficient and cost-effective cross-dock service will reduce your overall handling costs and operating expenses and allow you to minimize your inventory requirements. Cross-docking maintains or increases the velocity of your goods through the supply chain. You can recognize significant savings through the reduction or elimination of private warehouse space. With our streamlined cross-dock services, products can often be distributed more efficiently and faster than by the use of an in-house solution.
- Our SQL based Warehouse Management System (WMS) provides the ability to completely customize inventory records, including barcoding, to ensure the proper flow of inventory.
- Our Management Reporting System provides the ability to deliver Key Performance Index(KPI) reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or yearly basis.
- Barcode scanning is available in any part of our warehouse to facilitate the picking of product
- EDI support for most systems can be accommodated (contact us for a full list)
- Ability to install physical systems (terminals, computers, printers, routers, etc.) into our facility